Happy Monday! Here are a few important updates from MBS:
1. Technicool: This presentation starts tomorrow night (Tuesday) at 6:00 p.m. in the MBS Cafe. We have had a few parents ask if their middle or high school children can attend. This is fine, as long as you understand that it will be adult content. We no longer need RSVPs as we have more than the minimum of 10 people attending!
2. The PTO sale went really well, thank you for your support. Product will arrive on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15TH. We need volunteers to help unload the truck in the afternoon and check out the “pick ups”. Please email Mary Small at email@example.com to sign up to help out. PLEASE PLAN TO PICK UP YOUR PRODUCT ON TUESDAY THE 15TH BEFORE 6 P.M.
3. Veteran’s Day: We’d like to honor our community Veterans with a special display for Veteran’s Day. If you have a family member who served in any branch of the US Armed Forces, please send the name(s) to school with your child; we are creating a bulletin board.
4. 80′s dance: A group of fifth graders wrote a proposal for an “80s” themed dance! The PTO supports this project, but we need parents to serve as chairs of the adult committee. I will help the students do most of the planning. The projected date is Friday, February 17th.
5. Parent conferences: If you haven’t signed up for parent-teacher conferences, please remember to call 264-5900 to sign up for a November 21st conference time.
6. Unused school furniture: We have been storing some unused school furniture, including some student desks and some older audio/visual equipment. We are going to distribute this to schools in our District as needed this week, but by Friday we will be opening this up to the community. If you would like to stop by on Thursday afternoon or Friday, whatever is left will be given away.
Have a great week, I’ll look forward to getting names of family Veterans!