Here are some resources for families who might need support during the holidays:
- Salvation Army (864-6991) – They provide gifts (toys and clothing) and food baskets. You must apply by December 16. You will need to bring a picture ID, proof of address, social security card or Medicaid card for each family member and proof of income (one month of paycheck stubs or a letter from DCF or SSI). The Salvation Army is located at 64 Main Street and their hours are 9:00 AM to noon.
- Chances for Christmas (578-9242) – An application is required for eligible families with children from birth to age 18 up until December 21. You cannot be involved with any other program. Call for an appointment. They do accept walk-ins on December 22 and 23.
- Colchester Community Food Shelf – Located right next door to our school, the food shelf is open from 11:00 – 1:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 3:30 – 6:00 on Wednesdays. They are open year-round, not just during the holiday season.
- Hilltop Light Ministries (863-0524) – They provide gifts for kids and food baskets. You must call to make an appointment to complete the intake. Eligible families may apply between now and December 22.
- Junior’s Pizza – They offer a free Christmas meal on Christmas day between noon and 3:00 PM at their downtown location. It is located at 176 Main Street in Burlington.